Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Email merge in Word

If you merge from Outlook http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
the field Email is present. if you start the merge from Word using the
converter it is EMail_address. In either case the field is selected
automatically by the merge to email function - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm for an overview on
merging.

RedRuaridh wrote:
When I use my Outlook Contacts as the data source for an email merge
in Word it all works well until the final stage (to process to
email). I get the dialog box that asks me to enter the correct field
in the "To" drop down menu, unfortunately the drop down menu does not
contain the "Email" field, only other fields like Company, State, etc.

I do not understand this as when I look at my Contacts in Outlook the
email field and email addresses are all there, it is only missing
when I merge from word.

If I export the same Contacts file from Outlook to a .csv file, and
then use the .csv file as the data source the "Email" field appears
in the "To" drop down menu and everything is fine.

Why will it not work directly using the Outlook Contacts file? I use
Office 2003

Any comments gratefully received