Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Elizabeth

Default Copying a column does not copy shading

Hi -

I am working with a table where shading is applied to highlight certain
values. The shading is different in each cell and the application seems a
bit complex. I am trying to re-arrange the columns to move column 2 between
columns 5 and 6. However, when I move the column, it takes on the shading
values of column 6. Trying to update the shading manually could be a very
lengthy process. I understand that Word will copy the shading when you
insert a column, but I don't understand why i can't copy or move and bring
the backgrounds with me.

Any ideas?