Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default "Paper" size on screen

Glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BruceM" wrote in message
That was it exactly. It's so simple now that I know the answer. I

looked
at that option and it didn't even occur to me. Thanks for the

speedy and
accurate reply. Word 2003 is a somewhat different creature than

Word 2000,
and I'm still learning about the changes.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BruceM" wrote in message
Word 2003. When opening a new document in Print Layout view the

"paper"
size as presented on screen does not include the header and

footer
areas.
When I start typing the first line of text appears at the very

top
of the
"page". If I click View Header and Footer the view on the

screen
assumes
the correct proportions (i.e. it looks like an 8.5 x 11 piece of

paper) and
remains that way even if I click View Header and Footer again

(switching
the focus back to the body of the document). What could be

causing
this
out-of-proportion initial view? It could actually prove to be a

useful
view, but I would like to be able to control it.