Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Manual Table of Contents

To display the field code, select the table of contents and press Shift+F9.
You should then see { TOC \o "1-2"}. If want you want is to include the
third level of your headings, replace the 2 with a 3.

However if what you are saying is that only the first 2 of your 16 "Level 1"
headings are being displayed in the table of contents, then either:

1. The table of contents needs to be updated - Use Shift+F9 to toggle off
the display of the field codes and use F9 to update the table of contents.

2. The remainder of the "Level 1" headings are not formatted with the
Heading 1 style.

The numbers in the { TOC } field refer to the number of heading levels that
are to be included in the table of contents, NOT the number of instances of
each level.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dharma" wrote in message
Suzanne:

What is a field code and where is it found? I have 16 level 1 entries -
should I change it to \o "1-16"? And what about my level 2 and 3 entries.

Thanks for your help,
Dharma