Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Mysterious changes in new hyperlink - backslash becomes forward slash

Hi Artful_Dodger,

Alas, it doesn't help.

The most recent link I created started out as

Business\BUL 1240 -- Quiz#3.doc

but materialized finally as

Business/BUL%201240%20--%20Quiz#3.doc

Earlier links still have the backslash and still work.
There's no hyperlink base for this document, btw, for what it's worth.

To bad it couldn't be that simple...

If you hold down CTRL to start Word in Safe Mode (I'm assuming 2002 or 2003,
here) does the behavior persist, or does it go away for the duration of that
session?

Check in Tools/Options/General/Web Options/File. Is the checkbox to "update
links" when saving activated? If it is, try deactivating and see if that
helps.

Existing hyperlinks work ok but news I try to create are changing their
formatting after I create them.

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
Existing hyperlinks still work and opening and closing the "Edit hyperlink"
window doesn't cause this chage.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org