Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Space Before and After

I totally support this request. The "Don't add space between paragraphs of
the same style" is ok, but as Greg said, I would like some space after within
the same style as well as different for after the same group.
I would prefer not to have a macro as the templates I will be sending out
will be to people who may not be comfortable using such animals, ie sales
staff ;-)

Does anyone have any ideas.
Many thanks
DeanH

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

I have a document with lots of nested bulleted lists. These lists are
created using List Bullet, List Bullet 2, etc.

I am trying to automate some formatting such that the space before the first
bullet and space after the last bullet is greater than the space between two
adjacent bullets. I can do that with code as follows:

Sub Test()
Dim oPar As Word.Paragraph
For Each oPar In ActiveDocument.Range.Paragraphs
If oPar.Style = "List Bullet 2" Then
If oPar.Previous.Style "List Bullet 2" Then oPar.SpaceBefore = 9
If oPar.Next.Style "List Bullet 2" Then
oPar.SpaceAfter = 9
Else
oPar.SpaceAfter = 3
End If
End If
Next oPar
End Sub

Is there some way to do this with Style formatting? I see in the
FormatParagraphIndents Lines and Spacing Dialog an option to "Don't add
space between paragraphs of the same sytle" but I do want to add a little
space just not as much space as before and after the bullet group.

Is there a better way?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: