Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Default Space Before and After

One trick I've used is to have a bit of additional space forced by the bullet.

Say you want a big round bullet, you can use a smaller round bullet such as Alt+0149, and give it a larger font size than the text.
That will force a space between the list paragraphs.
You'll likely have to play with the position of the bullet a bit, too (say, lower it a point or two).
If you prefer a square bullet, you can play with U+2584 ("lower half block").

The trick should also work with picture bullets, if you use a picture that is transparent or white at the top.

Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I'd like to see this, too. I've used the "Don't add space" setting, but I'm
much more likely to want, say, 3 points between list items and 6 or 12
after.