Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Default TOC and index details into a different format

Hi Kerry,

Your description sounds like you're trying to maintain a database. Products like Access are much better suited to this than is Word.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Kerry" wrote in message ...
Word 2003.

I am creating a massive stock/parts document that will require a condensed listing (an extract from each page) of each data name /
item number / code number for each part, showing which page it is on. Each stock part/item will be on its on page with various
details. Very much like a catalogue, but I need to have the TOC spread into rows and columns with headings, and basic data
extracted to form a table - like a summary of data using a set of pre-defined categories/column titles..

Question 1: I need to know how I can extract 4 separate criteria wording, and then bring that into a TOC under column headings
with a page number setout like a TOC.
Example:

Item Name Item No. Description Stock ID# Page No.

Many thanks in advance.
Kerry