Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.printingfonts

Default Can't replace DBCS with SBCS font - error

I see you've posted this in more than one newsgroup but not in the one that
is most appropriate, to which I am cross-posting this. I've also forwarded
it to a contact at Design Science, as it appears it may be a MathType issue.

"Debi Ubernosky" wrote in message
Been working to track down a problem with symbols not displaying properly
in
an engineer's Word document, from one computer to another.

This paper was emailed to my boss from one of his former grad students.
The
original version received on his old computer displays the characters
properly.

Then we got him a new computer, and SOME of the symbols are no longer
displaying properly.

Have check to see that all fonts are the same on both computers. (They
are)
Have checked Regional and Language Settings. (Same)

Have checked Tools / Options / Compatability / Font Substitutions - trying
to change the substition for the symbol font "SymbolMT" gives the error
"Can't replace DBCS with SBCS font"

I have Googled this phrase and find several discussions about it, but no
solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Debi