Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Keith Roberts Keith Roberts is offline

Default Going "backwards" from Word 2007 to Word 2003

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

2003 should re-install on the original PC without problem. You may have to
activate it by telephone, though probably won't.
Are you sure you installed 2007 as an upgrade to rather than alongside 2003?
Is 2003 listed in the start menu? Is Winword.exe still in the C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 folder? If not re-install 2003.

You can if you wish run both versions until you get up to speed in 2007 -
see http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

Boblawyer wrote:
I have a licensed "student" edition of Word 2003. I installed it on
the 3 PCs we have at home (my kids are the students), which is
allowed with the student edition.

I decided to see what Word 2007 was all about, so I bought and
installed it.

Unfortunately, it over-wrote 2003 (my mistake during the
installation, I'm sure) - a result I did not intend.

Frankly, I am unhappy with 2007. Aside from having to learn a whole
new
set of commands, the basic structure is a departure from just about
all other Windows applications (File, Edit, View, etc) and it takes
more clickstrokes to accomplish the same tasks than in 2003.

And my workplace still uses 2003.

I would like to re-install 2003 using the original disk. I am
concerned that when I plug in the serial number, Microsoft will
disable the program on the ground that the program is being installed
on someone else's computer in violation of the license terms.

Is there any way to take care of this before I do the re-install of
2003 ?

Bob