Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Going "backwards" from Word 2007 to Word 2003

What you see is what you get. There are some utilities that add a semblance
of Word 2003's menu structure eg http://ribboncustomizer.com/ , but that is
all it is and I don't feel it helps get to grips with working with 2007's
new ribbon interface. If you want the 2003 interface, you will have to
re-install 2003.

Keith Roberts wrote:
Can I pick up on this thread.

I have a full license for 2007, but seriously dislike the appearance.
Both my laptop and my employers use the 2003 version of Word, and I
find its appearance and menu structure infinitely preferable to the
new.

The new interface is not in any way helpful to me.

Is there any way in Word 2007 that I can amend my viewing preferences
to the classic style? This is a new build PC so I don't have a roll
back option. Believe me I would take it with pleasure.

Keith