Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.test.here,24hoursupport.helpdesk
~BD~ ~BD~ is offline

Default CSV merge data via HTTP: redundant downloads?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

Looking at the headers of the messages, I see that it was ~BD~'s first
message that was the first one to be cross posted. Thereafter, unless
the headers of message trimmed, a reply to group ends up in all of the
groups (even apparently to a group in respect of which a message that
the group could not be resolved is received).

I value Andy's comments about MVPs with what I paid for them.

Doug, in some ways you are correct. The first post I made - in *this*
thread (in this newsgroup) I did, indeed, cross post.

What you don't *seem* to have appreciated is that Mark McGinty had
started a *different* thread in the MS "test' newsgroup - I suspect that
you've not actually been there to look. Maybe it would help you to
better understand if you did so now!

What I had *tried* to do was offer a helping hand to Mr McGinty.

I was, and indeed still am, curious about the reason why D.H.Lipman was
also monitoring a test group (I explained why I was so doing). If I were
*really* paranoid I'd suspect that he was simply stalking *me*!

What explanation might you put forward?

--
Dave - cross posting restored, as other groups were already involved.