Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default No leading for list inside table (Word 2007)

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:48:53 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

Well they regularly do use the same list non-contiguously throughout a
document. It isn't so much that this is happening across columns in a table,
it happens throughout a document unless you change lists. A simple way to
look at this is if you are using a SEQ field to number through a document:
if you don't change the SEQname, then the number continues from where it
left off. Lists work in a similar way, which once you know is quite obvious.
Shauna Kelly has some great information on numbering and bullets at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/

Now I have to disagree. I misunderstood you before. The column 2 list
is clearly NOT a continuation of the column 1 list. For one thing,
they are completely different types of lists. The unordered list
doesn't need a SEQ field at all.

Try this: Put your cursor just before the first character of the any
list item in column 1, then press the left arrow key once. The number
field for that item and all items of that list will be highlighted.
Notice that none of the items in column 2 are highlighted. They are
separate lists.

Now repeat this in column 2. Highlighting any item field will
highlight them all in that coluimn, but none in column 1.