Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
becder becder is offline

Default return numbered lists to default settings

I need my numbered lists and multileveled lists to return to the default
settings. Is there a way? Currently when I choose a numbered list it indents
to 3". I can shift+tab back to the left, but I'd like not to have to do that.

Another odd thing that happens is no automatic number shows up until I begin
typing. Once I begin typing, the outline number appears, then when I press
enter to go to the next line - no number. As I begin typing the correct
number appears. Is there an explanation for this?

I have no need for any type of custom auto-numbering so I'm not sure what I
inadvertently did or how the settings got changed.

Thanks,
Becky