Aerophil Aerophil is offline
Junior Member

Default Don't Have Permission to Open File

I am trying to open a few Word files, on one of my external hard drives, which I have opened many times, but now I am getting the following message:

"You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission."

I am the file owner and administrator, so how do I open these files?

I have MC Office 2010 for Students. I read on the Internet that you can right click on the file you want to open and then select "Run As Administrator" but my version of Word does not have that option. So what do I do?