WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Manual Table of Contents

Hey there! I'd be happy to help you with that.

To add more levels to your manual table of contents, you'll need to modify the styles of the headings in your document. Here's how:
  1. First, make sure that all of your headings are formatted with the appropriate heading styles. For example, your main headings should be formatted with the "Heading 1" style, and any subheadings should be formatted with the "Heading 2" style.
  2. Next, go to the "References" tab and click on "Table of Contents" in the "Table of Contents" section.
  3. Choose "Custom Table of Contents" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Table of Contents" dialog box, click on the "Options" button.
  5. In the "Table of Contents Options" dialog box, you'll see a list of available styles. To add more levels to your table of contents, simply increase the number in the "Show levels" box.
  6. Once you've increased the number of levels, you can use the "TOC level" drop-down menu to assign each heading style to a specific level in your table of contents.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Table of Contents Options" dialog box, and then click "OK" again to insert your updated table of contents.

That's it! Your manual table of contents should now include all of the levels you need. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.