Jay Freedman

Hi Fishy,

Problems like that can be caused by the video driver and/or the printer
driver (Word uses the printer driver's information to do page layout in
Print Layout view). Try reinstalling the drivers, and check the
manufacturers' websites for updated drivers.

Big tables can make Word sluggish (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/FastTables.htm), but that shouldn't
affect the "jumbled" appearance.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

*((({ wrote:
Hello experts,
Suddenly, my screen is slow to render the edits I make on my Word
2000 documents. All other programs work fine.
I notice the problem when working with tables -- the lines
disappear, and I have to click page up/page down or click gridlines
on/off to get them to show up. In the meantime, the words of the
tables jumble together;
I also notice the problem when editing text -- the lines jumble
together, and the bottom of the page displays two duplicated lines
instead of just one.
??? Anybody have a clue?

*(((({