Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Word probelem: item not collected on clipboard

Are you saying that copying and pasting don't work?

Or that they do work but you get this message, and that copied items are
then not added to the Office clipboard.

If, as I suspect, the latter then there are a few circumstances where this
can happen. Memory shortage and heavy clipboard use is one. Another
application attempting to collect from the clipboard is another. Perhaps
some strange (maybe corrupt, maybe just an unsupported format) data already
saved on the office clipboard.

Do you still see the problem after you have closed all Office applications
and then reopened them? Or after rebooting the machine?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"shez" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 and have a problem with Word. I generally use the
shortcut keys to copy/cut and paste but now they don't seem to be working.
In fact, none of the methods for copying/cutting seem to work. When I
display the clipboard I get a message saying 'item not collected' after I
have selected some text and then tried the various combinations of ctrl
and ctrl v or using the toolbar or edit menu options. I have used
Office
for years but this has stumped me and I would really appreciate some help.
Thanks.