Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How can I add something AFTER endnotes in MSWord?

If the references will not extend beyond the bottom of the page, you could
insert them into a Textbox that you insert after the EndNotes

If that is not the case, on a copy of the document, you could run a macro
containing the following code to convert the EndNotes to ordinarly text so
that you can then do whatever you like after them. (use a copy in case the
document needs to be modified in which case, you could run the macro again
and then copy and paste the references.

' Macro created 29/09/99 by Doug Robbins to replace endnotes with textnotes
at end of document
' to replace the endnote reference in the body of the document with a
superscript number.
'
Dim aendnote As Endnote
For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes
ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter vbCr & aendnote.Index & vbTab &
aendnote.Range
aendnote.Reference.InsertBefore "a" & aendnote.Index & "a"
Next aendnote
For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes
aendnote.Reference.Delete
Next aendnote
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find.Replacement.Font
.Superscript = True
End With
With Selection.Find
.Text = "(a)([0-9]{1,})(a)"
.Replacement.Text = "\2"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = True
.MatchWildcards = True
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"MSuser" wrote in message
I need to add references after the endnotes in a manuscript that I'm
working
on. But I can't add anything after them (without it being a part of the
last
note).
At this point in the document (in the endnotes) the option of adding in a
break of any sort is missing. It's invisible, there's nothing to click
on.
Does anyone know how to do this?