Jay Freedman

Default Macro Security Through IT Group

Debra Ann wrote:
I've seen some comments on the newsgroups about the fact that there
are three ways to allow templates with macros to be accepted at any
security level (1. self-certificate, 2. IT group, and 3. Outside
company like VisiSign). We are going to request that our IT group do
this but they are not quite sure how they are suppose to go about
this. Is there a brief explanation somewhere that explains how an IT
group goes about certifying the templates contains macros within the
company?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

The relevant piece of software for IT is the Microsoft Certificate Server.
The details differ with the versions of the server operating system and web
server they're running, particularly on the domain controller.

There are lots of references on the Internet, such as
http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...tion-IIS6.html,
but you need to find one that describes your version. Your IT people should
also be able to find info in MSDN and TechNet, the Resource Kit for the
server OS, and the documentation for Exchange Server if they use that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman