Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Evi[_2_] Evi[_2_] is offline

Default File Permissions error when Mail Merging in Word 2007

Thanks Doug.
Does that mean that I can't enter my data while my Merge letter is open?

I was expecting to be able to do what I do in Word from Office2000 and even
Office XP- once I'd created my table in a document and set up my mailmerge
letter, connecting it to my doc. with the table, I could open my Merge
letter, press Edit Recipient List and a convenient form would open up.
Certainly easier to use than trying to type the data directly into a Word
table.

Evi

To save changes to the data source, open the Word document with the table
using FileOpen, make the changes and then save it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Evi" wrote in message
news
I was using Office 2007 in Vista.
I put a table into a Word document and gave each column the name of a
field
I wanted in my Mail Merge letter. I typed some data into the second row

of
my table.

I saved the document in the My Date Source folder in Documents.

I created the letter I wanted to mail merge, I selected my word document
with the table as my data source, it seemed to be working.
But
When I tried to save it, it told me that I could not save it because of
File
Permissions.

This is a machine with the user having Administrative rights. The My

Data
Source folder is on that machine and not on a server.

I was only able to create a mail merge by using the Wizard and letting

it
create a data source in Access (Outlook was not suitable for the type of
mailmerge which I was doing)

What went wrong?

Evi