Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Michael,

Chapter2.doc has 3 pages with a link on the first page to a bookmark on page
3.
The link is {PAGEREF Heading2 \p \h"} and in Chapter2.doc displays the text
"on page 3"

OK, now I understand how you're setting this up. This is different from your
original problem description. I downloaded the file(s) and can see this problem,
here. I class this as a bug, and I'll pass it up the
line. There certainly won't be a quick fix forth-coming, I'm afraid. However...

If you remove the \p switch from the PageRef field you should get the page
number. Not an ideal solution, I know, but better than having to do it all by
hand, I should think. If you really need the above/below option, you could nest
the PageRef field in an IF field that tests if { PAGE } = { PageRef } and
displays "Below" if it does.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org