Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Question: Section Breaks/Numbering

Does the numbering not straighten itself out if you Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Q?

"Littlebear" wrote in message
I have a large document pre-formatted with styles/numbering.

I.E., 8., 8.1, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 9., 9.1, 9.1.1, 9.1.2, etc.

I need to divide my document into parts in order to have specific
individuals edit their portion, then gather this info back and incorporate

it
back into one major document.

I have continuous section breaks before and after each part in order to,

if
my thinking is correct, retain formatting.

However, when I copy the "9's" part and copy into a new document, the
numbering reverts back to 1., 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, etc. as opposed to the

9.,
9.1, 9.1.1, 9.1.2, etc.

Is there an each method in which to copy and retain the numbering a well?
What am I missing?

Hope this makes sense....

Thank you.
Littlebear