Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default how do you modify a custom style set? Style Short cut keys don't w

I don't think keyboard shortcuts are carried over in Style Sets. They aren't
carried over when using the Organizer in previous versions or in Word 2007.
I can see keyboard shortcuts not being carried over in Styles Sets since
they are a property of the document/template and not the style. Due to this
I'm not sure if this would be classified as a bug. It's a great
wish/suggestion, though. :-)

I did try creating a keyboard shortcut for a style in the Style Set template
but since the template for the Style Set isn't actually loaded I didn't
think the keyboard shortcut would be picked up.

I'm wondering if the inconsistencies you see are due to the using a new
document based on the template in which the keyboard shortcut is stored. In
this scenario there is a link between the style and the template.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Bob Day" wrote in message
Using Office Ent. 07

1) How do you update a previous created customer style set? If you make
changes to the custom styles, such as adding a short cut key for each
style,
and then save it and overwrite the original custom style, the changes are
not
reflect the next time you use the custom style set.

The customer style set was created in a custom template, so I am making
the
modifications to the custom template styles and then tying to save the
customer style set to the same name.

2) Assigning short cut keys to custom styles or styles in a custom
template
simply does not work consistently. Sometimes it will put the text in the
correct style, sometimes it wont. There is no difference if you put your
cursor in the line of text or highlight it all.

Any ideas?

Bob