Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
christopher.allen christopher.allen is offline

Default detach header source?

Based on your tip (thanks!) I looked at the online doc for
MainDocumentType, which says this:

"If you set this property for a document that's already a main document,
the attached data source is removed."

It doesn't specify what to set it to. Since my code already sets it to
wdFormLetters after opening, I verified that this really removes the
data source, plus it also removes the header source.

-Chris

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try setting .MainDocumentType to wdNotAMergeDocument (of course you
lose all the data source connection info. but it looks as if you are
doing that anyway).