Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Also useful

"Robert" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:18:26 +0200, Stefan Blom wrote:

Note that many people, for example those of us who view newsgroup
messages
via a newsreader, will be confused when you change the subject line,
especially since you don't quote anything from the message to which you
are
replying.

Hi Stefan,
I am using ´40tude DialogĦ as newsreader (http://www.40tude.com/dialog).
Each new separate thread is displayed as a hierarchical tree. It is
impossible to be confused by a ´change of subjectĦ because any ´new
subjectĦ is still attached to the same tree, with the original posting
(and
subject line) as its root. Are things working differently in other
newsreaders?

Robert,

I don't know how other newsreaders deal with this, but in Outlook Express I
believe many people choose to sort messages individually by date (that is,
not by thread), which means the subject of the message is important. Also,
deleting old messages, which I do regularly, will prevent me from seeing all
messages in a thread (unless of course I download them again), even when
grouping messages by thread (or by conversation, which is the term used in
Outlook Express).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP