Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Also useful

I use Outlook Express, which does thread on the header rather than the
subject line, but I also Hide Read Messages. Consequently, I depend on users
to quote the previous message(s) or at least to keep the same subject line
so I have some clue as to what has gone before. When you're reading hundreds
of messages a day, in dozens of snatches over the course of the day, it's
easy to lose track of individual conversations.

Most of the people who post questions and many of those who answer them use
Microsoft's Communities Web portal, which I'm told doesn't thread in any
meaningful way at all.

"Robert" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:18:26 +0200, Stefan Blom wrote:

Note that many people, for example those of us who view newsgroup
messages
via a newsreader, will be confused when you change the subject line,
especially since you don't quote anything from the message to which you
are
replying.

Hi Stefan,
I am using ´40tude DialogĦ as newsreader (http://www.40tude.com/dialog).
Each new separate thread is displayed as a hierarchical tree. It is
impossible to be confused by a ´change of subjectĦ because any ´new
subjectĦ is still attached to the same tree, with the original posting
(and
subject line) as its root. Are things working differently in other
newsreaders?
--
Robert