Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robert is offline

Default Also useful

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:00:47 -0500, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

I use Outlook Express, which does thread on the header rather than the
subject line, but I also Hide Read Messages. Consequently, I depend on users
to quote the previous message(s) or at least to keep the same subject line
so I have some clue as to what has gone before. When you're reading hundreds
of messages a day, in dozens of snatches over the course of the day, it's
easy to lose track of individual conversations.

Most of the people who post questions and many of those who answer them use
Microsoft's Communities Web portal, which I'm told doesn't thread in any
meaningful way at all.

Stefan and Suzanne, thanks for enlightening me. I now realize even more the
benefits of using ´40tude DialogĦ. I can display the various threads in
every possible way (thread, date, thread+date, subject+date, etc). I can
rate the threads and bring them up or down the list according to their
current ´scoreĦ. And I personally find the tree view simply ideal. I could
never lose the thread of any thread, barring Alzheimer's disease.
--
Cheers
Robert