Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Alternating sides for paragraph numbering within a book's page

It is not really a good idea to add a new question to an existing thread,
especially one that is a couple of months old!

You can probably achieve what you want by selecting the area of the document
that you want to re-order and then from the Tables menu, select Convert Text
to Table and if the radio button for Paragraphs is checked in the "Separate
text at" section of the dialog, it should convert the text to a one column
table with each paragraph in a separate cell. You could then insert a
column to the left into the cells of which you enter numbers representing
the new paragraph order and then use the Sort facility on the Tables menu to
sort the table by that column. Then delete the column with the numbers and
select the whole table and from the Tables menu, use the Convert Table to
Text option.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"David Fisher" David wrote in message
As my requirement is similar, but may require VBA I thought I'd keep it in
the same thread.
My wife generate reports for her PhD 20-30 pages long. But her cut and
paste
is literally that, Print, cut, and resequence ,I then have to be the one
that
has to reassemble everything electronically.

What would help tremendously is to add a box in the margin with a
sequential
number for each paragraph (which is double space). and once the
resequencing
is done remove those boxes (until the next time).
Any suggestions?