Nick

I know the usual way to set the default font - I've done that before.
However, for some reason, next time I start Word it reverts back to Times.

Anyway, I made my own normal.dot, and all is well, all macros work, toolbars
etc

Nick
"Mary" wrote in message
Normal.dot is a hidden file. If you delete it, it will automatically be
recreated when you reopen Word. Look up Default Font in help for
instructions
on how to change the default font. You'll get a notice that you are
changing
the font for all documents based on the Normal.dot. Say yes. Quick
instructions:In Word go to Format, Font, select what you want, click
button.

"Nick" wrote:

never mind, I found the problem, I think. There was no 'Normal.dot in the
Templates folder. I simply made to my preferences then saved it. Next
time I
opened Word it was set up with my choice of fonts etc.

Thanks anyway
"Nick" wrote in message
Hi, hope you can help me with this. I have just finished doing a fresh
install of Microsoft Office 2003.

In Word, when I change the default font to, say, Ariel, the next time I
open Word, it reverts back to Times font.

I've changed the default font in Word many times in the past without
any
problem but it seems nothing I try now will get Word to 'stick' with
any
other default font but Times

Nick in Oz