Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Logan's Run Logan's Run is offline

Default Body text becomes part of header

I am working with Word 2004. My system is MAC OS X (up to Leopard 10.5.4).

Most times this problem does not occur but when it does it can cause a ton
of problems. I would like to know if it is something I am doing wrong or is
it a flaw in the program, or something else....

I set up my headers & footers, margins, styles, body text, etc. I will be
working right along and then I will notice that it has become hard to
highlight the text, especially near the top of the body. Over time I have
learned what that means so I immediately activate the header/footer. I find
that the header has encompassed the entire page and each additional page
there after. In other words, the body text has now become part of the header
and there is no longer a "body text".

What is causing the header to engulf the body text? What can I do to correct
it once it happens? So far I have had to start an entirely new document which
is very time consuming not to mention my frustration.

FYI: this has never happened involving the footer.

HELP!!!