Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Allison Allison is offline

Default Remembering associated database

XP Professional SP2, Word 2003 SP2:

I have a mail merge document created in Word 2003 that calls fields from an
Access 2003 database.

Each time the document is opened, I have to reconnect the database to the
document. Nobody else uses either file but me.

Both the database and the merge document are in the same directory/folder.

I get the SQL warning, which is okay (and I saw the KB article on how to
disable that). But, when pressing "Yes" to allow the connection, I'm then
presented with a dialog box where I have to browse to my database each time
to establish a connection.

Could you please point me in the direction of where to find a solution for
permanently connecting the source data to the merge document? Thank you.