Even if Security is set to High, templates in Word's template folders
(including the workgroup template folder) and its Startup folder are trusted
provided you have enabled this option on the Trusted Sources tab of Tools |
Macro | Security. Set the shared network drive location as the workgroup
templates folder.

"StargateFan" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:46:25 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Share templates instead of docs, and you won't have to worry. As long as

the
templates are in the user templates or workgroup templates folder or in
Word's Startup folder (assuming installed templates and add-ins are

trusted
on the Trusted Sources tab), they won't need to be signed.

You lost me, sorry. Even when these files are saved in template
format, I still get the message. And all these files need to be
emailed, so no way to have them in a particular folder. If they are
shared aftewards, they would be place on a shared network drive (in
this contract, the G drive is the shared network folder), so again,
we're out of luck re their being anywhere near a startup folder.
sigh

So "signing" or whatever, I'm guessing, isn't going to solve the
problem (?).

I've gone ahead and put a help button into the spreadsheet that
explains how to change the security level from high to medium to at
least allow the macros to work. I was hoping to get rid of the
problem altogether with this "signing" business, but admittedly don't
know what would be involved, anyway. It just seemed like a good idea
to try to see if doing this would help.

Thanks.

so
all may benefit.

"StargateFan" wrote in message
.. .
I ran across a new default, the security level at this new contract is
set for high. Everywhere I've been up till now, it's been medium, so
I'd never run into problem of macros not working until re-setting the
security level.

Since this is the case, and since I'm creating Word documents and
spreadsheets with macros to share with other colleagues, thought it
might be prodent to look into that "signed" business or whatever it's
called. I'm assuming that if I configure, or whatever, all these
macros in that way, that that will also perhaps stop the macro
confirmation box that keeps coming up whenever one opens up a document
with macros?? That would be ideal. These are necessary and safe
macros that I write strictly for the purposes of making people's lives
easier.

Any point in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!