Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Barbara White Barbara White is offline

Default "set language" in Word 2007?

Robert wrote:
Hi,
I had the same problem. The only way I found to mark text with a specific
language was to show the "Review" tab, and click the "Define Language" icon
located to the right of the "Thesaurus" command in the "Proofing" group on
the left.

Hope this helps.

There aren't any buttons that appear to the right of "Thesaurus" in the
Proofing group.

Honestly, in my Proofing group, right next to "Thesaurus" is a vertical
grey divider and then there is a column of buttons but they're part of
the next group (the "Comments" group).

I wonder if this is because I'm using Word 2007 on Windows XP. Maybe the
interface is slightly different? Or maybe I reset what appears in that
group? I can't see how I could have done that, though. (I looked into
that before I posted here.)

:-?