Doug Robbins

There is no autosave feature in Word of the type that you are trying to
implement. I would suggest that you return the auto-recover save interval
to at least the default 10 minutes otherwise, it may become a nuisance.

It's function is to allow you to recover an open document in the event of
abnormal termination of the program - like the power fails.

Once you close a document, the autorecover save file for it that Word
creates is deleted.

For normal saving, you have to do it yourself.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"MikeHelp" wrote in message
I cannot get Word XP to "Autosave" a document I have set "save in
background"
mode on and set interval for autorecover save info to 1 min, but just will
not appear to autoSave my documents when working on them? Any ideas would
be
welcome!