Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Joseph Geretz

Default How to eliminate line-breaks but preserve blank lines?

Just to clarify: The marks at the end of each line are paragraph markers,
each paragraph is separated by a blank line.

Here's how I worked around this:

Replace: -^p with Nothing. (Eliminates hyphenated words)
Replace: ^p with Space. (Eliminates hard line-breaks)
Replace SpaceSpace with ^p^p (Restores paragraph breaks)

I think this took care of 98% of my formatting needs, but now I'll have to
scan through this and make minor adjustments. I guess there's got to be a
better way?

Thanks,

Joseph Geretz

"Joseph Geretz" wrote in message
I received a basic Notepad file which I need to convert to Word. The
Notepad file contains unwanted line-breaks which break every line at about
60 characters. I want to eliminate all line breaks except for line-breaks
immediately before and after a blank line, since these are effectively
paragraph separators. How can I do this?

Thanks very much for your help.

Joseph Geretz