Wendy via OfficeKB.com

Default finding missing periods in long documents and in included tables, then inserting

I am reformatting a large number of long documents and have completed much of
the work, including placing some of the content in tables. I am now searching
for instances of missing periods and inserting them. I can use find and
replace to find the end of a word followed by a paragraph mark, then manually
insert the period if it is actually a sentence (some of these instances are
fragments and I do not want to insert periods following them). This works
(painfully) for most text that is not within a table, but within a table I
need a different solution. Within the table, if a hard return has not been
entered, there is no paragraph mark. Instead, you see a small, grey box. I
have not found any way to find the end of a word followed by one of these.
And, as above, some of these instances are fragments and will not need
periods.

Can anyone help me to
1 - find and replace missing periods in text more easily?
2 - find and replace missing periods in table cells?

I can not do or use any VBA programming to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help!

Wendy