Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

Default Form rows with CheckBoxes

You've already established that your method doesn't work acceptably. So your
choices are live with it, or do something else. Unless you are particularly
in love with the dead horse?

"GusEvans" wrote in message
Jezebel-

The user already has a couple of hundred already done - all I need to know
is if there is anyway to effectively compress the unchecked ones with
little
or no indication. So far I am using the following code to do it -

Sub CloseUnChecked()
Dim intX As Integer
Dim strRow As String
Dim vCB As CheckBox

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:=strPassword
End If
For intX = 1 To 26
strRow = "chkRow" & intX
Set vCB = ActiveDocument.FormFields(strRow).CheckBox
If vCB.Value = False Then
With vCB
.AutoSize = True
.Size = 1
End With
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Rows(intX).Select
With ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Rows(intX)
.HeightRule = wdRowHeightExactly
.Height = 1
End With
End If
Next
ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields,
Password:=strPassword
End Sub

--
Gus Evans

"Jezebel" wrote:

Use plain text instead of a table, then format the unwanted lines as
hidden.
Use a hanging indent for the comment 'column'.