Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How do I permanently change my view settings?

This is not a Word issue but a OS issue.
Anyway, usually all files and folders view is controlled by the settings of
your Windows Explorer.look under Tools, Folder Options, to set the global
settings. Then when you change to List, Details, etc. Any browse or save
sindow should follow this setting.
If this does not help, ask in the appropriate OS forum.
DeanH

"Ferris Wheel" wrote:

I want all of my files and folders to open in the "list" view every time I
open them. Is there any way to apply this to everything on my computer
permanently?