Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeffrey Kaplan Jeffrey Kaplan is offline

Default One document, two computers: Different layouts

I'm using Word '07, from Office Standard '07. The document in question
was originally written in an older version of Word and I have
intentionally never updated the file format in order to ensure that
others will be able to read it.

I am using it on two computers, a Vista Home Premium x64 desktop and a
Vista Ultimate x86 laptop.

When I open this doc on the desktop, it looks as it should. When I
open it on the laptop, some of the formatting is different. I also
notice that the text in the titlebar on the laptop adds "non-commercial
use".

On the theory that a picture is worth a thousand words, this is what
the problem looks like: http://www.gordol.org/images/formatting.jpg

On the desktop, the word is all on one line. According to the
ribbon/menu, the font is the same as on the desktop, and the font does
appear to be installed on both computers.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"It eh, isn't actually breen." (G'Kar, B5 "Walkabout")