Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Crafu

Default My Word 2000 inserted symbols aren't saving correctly

We're using Word 2000 running on a Windows 2003 Terminal server.
One of our TS users is trying to update a Word 2000 file to include various
symbols, mostly accents above the (a) etc, for French names.

When these changes are made and the symbol has been added correctly,
everything looks fine on the screen, but if this document is then saved and
closed, then re-opened, the inserted symbol has changed to a different
format.
E.g.
Original Version - Sto. Tomбs de Aquino
Correct Version after change - Sto. Tomás de Aquino
Version after save and re-open - Sto. Tomбs de Aquino
The usual things like security settings, read only access etc have been
checked and are not causing this issue.

Any help with this greatly appreciated.