I assumed he was wanting to put a tab at the end of the line (as he said)
not the beginning. There can be good reasons for doing this. I do it once a
month when I split a list and drag half of it up beside the other half
(using Alt+Drag to column-select) to create a tabbed two-column list to go
in a single-column of four-column text.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
While Suzanne has explained how to do this with replace - wouldn't it be
easier (and produce a better formatted document) to include a first line
indent with the paragraph style used for these paragraphs?

Michael R wrote:
Is it possible to use find and replace to find formatting marks? I
have a document that I need to place a tab after each line. each
line is it's own paragraph. rather than manually doing it, I was
wondering if find and replace would work. I click on the format
button in the find and replace dialog box (after clicking more) and
then select paragraph, but I cant seem to figure it out. I am using
Word XP, Thanks in advance for any help