Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cynwalker cynwalker is offline

Default Heading 4 does not number correctly in Word 2007

Heading 4 does not number correctly in Word 2007. When I try to update it
using numbering/set number value/continue from previous list/advance value
the value appears to be correct but it previews wrong. When you change the
numbers it is out of order and won't allow me to set the second number higher
where it needs to be. For example 14.4.4.1 comes up as 14.1.4.1 and I can't
fix it, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?