Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
yepp

Default Master Doc and deleting Section Breaks

Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:
Hi Yepp,

I read from a reference here that section breaks are the major cause
(or A major cause) of Master corruption. Instructions said to delete
all section breaks, but.... that is not allowed on Master Documents.
You can't delete the section breaks. Do you have to create a macro or
something to do this?

I am resorting to Master only because I have about 15000 page document
and the "customer" wants it in one Master Document.

Does the customer really want a Master document, or just a "master"
document? If he's certain he wants a Word Master Document, which
features available ONLY in Master Docs does he hope to use?

I generally have no problem removing section breaks in a Master
document... Which version of Word are you using? How are you trying to
delete the section breaks?

Note that the section breaks are necessary if you need to retain
individual page setup information or headers/footers from the
sub-documents.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Hi. I'm using Word2002. If I right-click and try to cut the break or
press delete, it will not let me do that.

Message reads "You cannot change a locked subdocument or Master
document." I do not see the section breaks in expanded mode. Only on
the outline view.