Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Section Break trouble

It sounds as if you're using endnotes (at end of section) when what you
really want is footnotes, which would be at the bottom of each page by
default. That would solve a lot of the problem.

"McPie" wrote in message
I have a 1200+ page document that was "created" by another software

program
and I have 2 big problems:
1. I need to have a section break (on next page) between almost each page

so
that my footnotes show up at the bottom of each section. Somehow there are
about twice as many sections as pages, some say "continuous", some say
"section end," and some say "next page." I've put the document in normal
view and am attempting to delete some, change continuous to next page etc.
However sometimes when I change a continuous break to a next page break it
reverts back all by itself.
I'm going crazy, is there a way to delete all breaks in a document at once
and start over? Going page by page 1200+ times is crazy.
2. Again, for some reason all the footers are "by themselves" or not

linked
to the previous one. Is there a way to link them all, all at once. Again

page
by page 1200 times is nuts.
THANK