Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Moving subdocuments to a different folder

Hi Dan

Dan wrote:
[..]
Second, I had already located the reference prior to locating this site.
Bad luck there. oh well.

so you are the OP? You/he wants us to guess everything you had located
before posting here? It's good practice to _mention_ all the things
you've already tried ... But not even the version of Word is mentioned ...

Third, the reference does not seem to be correct/accurate.

The reference you provided indicates that:
"For instance, let's say that you have a master and five subdocuments. If
these are all in the same directory, you can easily move them to another
single directory anywhere you desire. All you need to do is move them."

FWIW, I just tried a simple example like this (Word 2007, copying master
and all subs from one folder to another). After opening the copy, the
subs show us links (to the copied subs). But Pizza button | Print |
Print Preview brings up a window asking to expand them -- voilĂ*.

Anyway, I guess you are aware of the "standard disclaimer" concerning
Master/Subdocuments?

2cents
Robert
--