Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Default What would cause the Page Setup option to be grayed out?

Is the table in a text box or frame? (If it is, you should see a Text
Box or a Frame command at the bottom of the Format menu.) That would
make the Page Setup command to be unavailable. However, you should
still be able to place the insertion point outside of the table
container and then access FilePage Setup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Johncas7" wrote in message
User is using a large multipage table in their document. He wanted

to shift
the table, which he did by using the table properties options.

However, the
Page Setup option was gray out, and we could not get it to return to

its
normal state. We don't understand why, and even if the table had

anything to
do with it.