Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Snowman53

Default Mail Merge in Graphics

Anne,

I downloaded your example & it came closer to working than anything else I
tried. It actually showed be a graphic - however it shows the first graphic
for every record.

I merged to a new document, did Ctrl+A & F9, but still shows the "1.jpg"
image on every page.

This shouldn't be so hard!

Thanks for your help.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Okay, Gary. I did get it to work. My sample is at
http://www.officearticles.com/downlo...rgepictest.zip
Just copy the pictures folder to the C drive. It was NOT easy... so, I
feel your pain.
To make my test one work, save the MergePictures folder to the C drive. Open
the main document, merge to a new document. In the new document hit Ctrl+A
then F9 to update.

Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Gary Dotzlaw" wrote in message
Yes, there is a picture called 1.jpg in c:\images.

No, nothing shows, not even a picture placeholder.

I appreciate the answers, but has anyone actually tried this? It does not
appear to work as documented. I am preparing to open a tech incident with
Microsoft because I need this solved.

Gary