Hi, Cindy, thanks for your response. I tried this approach in Word 2000
and it worked. How would you do it in Word XP? I didn't see the exact
same option there. Would you use the mail merge recipient list feature?
Thanks in advance for any help or information.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Qg==?=,

I'm trying to set up a mail merge for labels in which there will be a
column in the data source saying either "Yes" or "No" net to each person's
name. For the type of mailing I am currently doing I want the people with
"No" to be skipped and not have a label printed out. I was trying to do this
using "Skip Record If", but this doesn't seem to work. I've tried it in both
Word XP and Word 2000 and I can't get it to work right. I am also using a
"Next Record" field in the label set up. Are these two fields incompatible
with each other? Something I read in Word 2000's online help seemed to
suggest that they are. If so what would be the best way to do this?

Word 2000: click the "Mail merge..." button on the mail merge toolbar. Click
"Query options". Set up a filter to merge to only those records where this
particular field is "Yes" (or "No").

do NOT use Skip If; but you will need the Next field in all labels but the
first.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org