Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Problem using text boxes

Use a table with fixed cell dimensions.

Also see the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP
Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm trying to print a set of card labels using mail merge in Word 2003.
In order to get the text just where I want it I've put the merge
fields in text boxes. It all looks good, but when I come to merge the
document each label contains the same data and it's equivalent to the
values that should be in the last label on the page. That is if there
are 10 cards per page then each card on page 1 shows the data in the
10th record, each card on page 2 shows the data in the 20th record, and
so on.

It seems to be using the text boxes that causes the problem, but I need
to have some way of positioning the fields with some degree of control.
I've tried using a table, but I need more flexibility.

Can anyone suggest a work around or a fix for the problem.

Thanks,